Perform a wide variety of duties to direct operations of production. Develop production schedules and personnel planning to meet customer demands. Responsibilities include people, quality, delivery and costs. Work in close contact with the production manager and perform as a team-player. Contact person for in house customer.
- Review production plans and adjust manpower requirements accordingly to meet scheduling demands. Coordinate the flow of materials to and from the production area.
- Manage employee time cards, making time adjustments and approving weekly payroll for a designated team.
- Maintain inventory spares for production equipment, tooling, and support equipment. Schedule preventive maintenance activities with the appropriate personnel. Coordinate major maintenance repairs or installation with the appropriate departments to ensure production schedules are maintained.
- Maintain the PQDC boards and update daily, hold M4di meetings with personnel to review PQDC boards. Use the data collected from the PQDC boards to suggest improvements.
- Maintain 5S programs setup in the production areas.
- Make recommendation on overtime requirements.
- Develop and facilitate trainings regarding standard work instructions. Lead teams and be a champion for developing and adjusting standard work instructions.
- Direct, instruct, assist, and check subordinates as to methods, schedules, and standard work. Interpret specifications, blueprints, and work schedules to employees.
- Interpret company policies for employees and enforce safety regulations. Maintain discipline and effective employee relations, settle grievances within framework of established policies. Make effective recommendations for hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, and wage adjustments of subordinates.
- Review training and cross training to verify personnel are trained in the necessary skill sets.
- Interpret drawings, sketches, or samples to determine proper dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Use indicators, calipers, micrometers, venires, and gauge blocks to check work and verify conformance of finished parts to specification.
- Employee must use a computer to enter SPC data and other required data entry.
- Segregate rejected materials and follow established procedures for disposition of such materials.
- Must be able to work in a cell environment or in small team environment and attending and leading the daily M4di meetings.
- Perform as a team player and proactively supporting the continuous improvement process by attending in workshops, developing and adjusting standard work instructions, and taking part in problem solving meetings to find root causes.
- Support in developing and improving their own work environment to reach the target of 80% OEE.