Setup, support and maintain the total Can manufacturing process with an emphasis on cupping and deep draw transfer press tools and equipment in a high volume, tight tolerance environment. Troubleshoot Production problems and make repairs/adjustments to tools and processes to ensure the highest quality product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from Specifications, blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to construct and maintain technically complex and exacting tools and gages.
- Prove out tooling with a sample run, position by position. Obtain required Quality Assurance approvals on samples produced.
- Produce and maintain spare parts or repair machinery as required.
- Prepare machines for production runs and install new tools. Check each station and make required adjustments to ensure acceptable product. Make an initial run of product, check dimensions and notify Supervisor, Production Manager or Quality. Submit first piece to Quality Assurance for approval on new tools.
- Troubleshoot subsequent production problems. Take over the operation of the machine and make thorough observations to determine the extent and cause of trouble. Adjust tooling and/or make repairs to worn or broken tooling as required. Solicit assistance from maintenance mechanics and electricians as required. Turn the operation back to the machine operator once corrections have been made and satisfactory product is being produced.
- Execute coil changes ensuring a continuous run of the line.
- Support at other process steps if needed to prevent a breakdown of the whole line with focus on the HTN target to achieve 80% Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Employee must use a computer to enter SPC data and other required data entry.
- Segregate rejected materials and follow established procedures for disposition of such materials.
- Follow company policies, procedures and comply with standard safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in 5S audits and give honest feedback to the leadership for improvements ideas. Be an active driver of the continuous improvement process.
- Must be able to work in a production cell or in small team environment, supporting and taking over the Press Operator responsibilities if this is needed.
- Attending the daily M4dI meetings to report production output, reject rates and quality data.
- Perform as a teamplayer and proactively supporting the continuous improvement process by attending workshops, developing and adjusting standard work instructions, participate in problem solving meetings and helping to find root causes.
- Support in developing and improving their own work environment to reach the target of 80% OEE
- Act as the technical lead and coach on the line and guide the Toolsetters and Press Operators to achieve production goals.
Physical Demands / Work ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk or hear, is occasionally required to sit. The employee must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. The employee is required to work near moving mechanical parts, be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform similar and related duties as assigned or as position dictates.
Perform timely tooling changeovers. Instruct machine operators on proper operation to maintain high quality product.
Follow all safety rules and regulations. Ensure proper housekeeping of area.
Job Status: Full Time