Production Supervisor - Night Shift
Perform a wide variety of duties to direct operations of production. Develop production schedules and personnel planning to meet customer demands. Responsibilities include people, quality, delivery and costs. Work in close contact with the plant manager / site coordinators and perform as a team player. Contact person for in house customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review production plans and adjust manpower requirements accordingly to meet scheduling demands. Coordinate the flow of materials to and from the production area.
- Manage employee time cards, making time adjustments and approving weekly payroll for a designated team.
- Maintain inventory spares for production equipment, tooling, and support equipment. Schedule preventive maintenance activities with the appropriate personnel. Coordinate major maintenance repairs or installation with the appropriate departments to ensure production schedules are maintained.
- Maintain the PQDC boards and update daily, hold M4di meetings with personnel to review PQDC boards. Use the data collected from the PQDC boards to suggest improvements.
- Maintain 5S programs setup in the production areas.
- Make recommendation on overtime requirements and accountable for overtime costs.
- Develop and facilitate trainings regarding standard work instructions. Lead teams and be a champion for developing and adjusting standard work instructions.
- Direct, instruct, assist, and check subordinates as to methods, schedules, and standard work. Interpret specifications, blueprints, and work schedules to employees.
- Interpret company policies for employees and enforce safety regulations. Maintain discipline and effective employee relations, settle grievances within framework of established policies. Make effective recommendations for hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, and wage adjustments of subordinates.
- Review training and cross training to verify personnel are trained in the necessary skill sets.
- Interpret drawings, sketches, or samples to determine proper dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Use indicators, calipers, micrometers, venires, and gauge blocks to check work and verify conformance of finished parts to specification.
- Employee must use a computer to enter SPC data and other required data entry.
- Segregate rejected materials and follow established procedures for disposition of such materials.
- Must be able to work in a cell environment or in small team environment and attending and leading the daily M4dI meetings.
- Perform as a team player and proactively supporting the continuous improvement process by attending in workshops, developing and adjusting standard work instructions, and taking part in problem solving meetings to find root causes.
- Support in developing and improving their own work environment to reach the target of 80% OEE
Physical Demands / Work ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk or hear, is occasionally required to sit. Must have the ability to lift one box of parts weighing 35 lbs., to reach to use tools and equipment, to manipulate and feel small parts for inspection, to inspect small parts visually and through use of magnifying equipment and to perceive depth to set up equipment.
Job Status: Full Time