Perform a variety of duties in simultaneously operating cupper and redraw presses to produce high quality, tight tolerance products. Perform in process visual and dimensional inspection to maintain quality standards.
- Review the operator instruction sheet, check router for proper material
- Use hand trucks, forklifts, hoists and other material handling equipment to receive, store and transport material
- Use the handling equipment to install material on the payoff reels. Monitor the material on the payoffs so the material does not run out.
- Receive raw materials. Assist in unloading trucks. Check packing lists for accuracy. Weigh material as required to ensure receipt of correct material. Assign proper storage location and transport raw materials to assigned location. Record location on packing slip for input into computer systems. Stack materials ensuring segregation of type, weight, and size. Ensure proper and safe storage of material. Maintain accurate inventory of raw material.
- Use the handling equipment to empty the scrap containers at the cupper and the clip drums at the redraws and bring them to the central disposal area
- Maintain product segregation per the work instructions. Properly fill out routing tickets and place with work.
- Follow the autonomous maintenance check list looking for any apparent need for machine repair before operation.
- Start the press and inspect the first run pieces to ensure conformity with specifications.
- Monitor production performing visual and dimensional measurement inspection at prescribed intervals during production. Check for defects according to the quality plan.
- Use precision measuring instruments to ensure product conforms to specifications. Follow established procedures for disposition of nonconforming products.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and report issues to the Toolmaker.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in your assigned area as needed and directed by the Toolmaker or Production Manager.
- Follow company policies, procedures and comply with standard safety rules and regulations.