H&T Battery Components is seeking a highly-motivated engineer to contribute to the development of new automation equipment and assembly lines for our production facility in Reno, Nevada. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new start up facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Siemens PLC Specialist will optimize and program control systems for new equipment on the production floor. They will learn, apply and contribute to the further development of H&T’s innovative controls program architecture on components such as logic controllers, machine interfaces, servo drives, and industrial robots used in our production processes.
Tasks can include:
- Develop and debug ladder logic PLC code, STL Structured Text and SLC scripted text with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Interface with conveyors, robots, Manufacturing System (MES), etc.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage and implement small machine projects from start to finish.
- Coursework in analog and digital circuits, control systems, logic, and programming
- Exposure to programming microcontrollers
- Familiarity with mechanical and electrical drawings
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS software suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong Propensity to build, assemble, fix and program automated equipment
- Use of common power and hand tools
- Programming experience
- Industrial electrical panel design experience
- PLC programming (Siemens strongly preferred)
- HMI/SCADA programming (Siemens strongly preferred)
- Industrial robots (Fanuc, Kuka or similar)
- Servo motors or controllers (Siemens strongly preferred)
The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary program:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering (with specialization in Controls)
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- Or equivalent program / experience in lieu
Job Status: Full Time