Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Monitor, maintain and repair production related machines and equipment, including but not limited to engines, electronics, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, cranes, and forklifts.
- Observe and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical causes of trouble. Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Determine extent of required repairs, make simple repairs and recommend more extensive repair work through outside sources, as required. Inform Production Manager of the need to order parts or to contract outside services.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments. Test performance of machine to ensure proper operation and resolution of problem. Repair electrical equipment.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices to upgrade or modify equipment. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment. Lubricate and clean parts.
- Perform electrical maintenance such as complex repair of rely circuits, and electronic control systems.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Work with production personnel to troubleshoot problems regarding circuits, electronic devices, and systems. Service electrical and electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards and similar devices.
- Operate metal working tools to make and repair parts. Use brake and shear for metal fabrication. Use cutting torches and plasma cutter. Weld parts and repair electrical wiring. Fabricate guards and frames for production machines. Prepare and paint equipment and building facilities as required.
- Maintain Waste Water Treatment System following established procedures and ensuring all operations comply with current regulations.
- Perform regular inspections of machines, equipment and systems as required. Complete all required paperwork regarding preventive maintenance and repair equipment.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. Ensure proper housekeeping of area. Maintain updated training in Lock-out/Tag-out, Welding and Cutting Safety, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, Respiratory Proctection and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment. Document problems and take appropriate corrective action.
- Perform regular inspections of machines, equipment, and systems as required. Complete all required paperwork regarding preventive maintenance and repair of equipment.
Job Status: Full Time