Electrician - Industrial
Perform a variety of duties to install, modify and repair machinery and building electrical systems.
- Perform electrical maintenance such as complex repair of PLC and electronic control systems.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials, and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Work with mechanics to troubleshoot problems regarding circuits, electronic devices and systems. Service electrical and electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards and similar devices.
- Review wiring diagrams, schematics, specifications and instructions to perform emergency and scheduled repairs, installations and electrical inspections.
- Lay out and build panels for machine rebuilding/rewiring with the use of hardwired and programmable equipment using a variety of AC/DC drives, analog devices, switches, PLC's and electrical controls.
- Maintain knowledge of operating procedures for all processes that allow for activation and shut down of equipment in accordance with company safety procedures and compliance with Federal OSHA requirements.
- Install, repair and maintain communication cables and power distribution cables, including panel mounting and conduit runs. Inspect and repair emergency and exit lights.
- Advise and caution operators and mechanics about potential electrical programs and inherent dangers involved.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment. Document problems and take appropriate corrective action.
- Perform regular inspections of machines, equipment and systems as required. Complete all required paperwork regarding preventive maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. Ensure proper housekeeping of area. Maintain updated training in Lock-out/Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.