Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Monitor, maintain and repair production related machines and equipment, including but not limited to engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, wash plants, palletizing units, cranes and forklifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe, troubleshoot and locate causes of trouble and breakdown. Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Determine extent of required repairs, make simple repairs and recommend more extensive repair work through outside sources, as required. Inform Engineering & Facilities Manager of the need to order parts or to contract outside services.
- Take part in and develop TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) plans and procedures for all machines and equipment
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments. Test performance of machine to ensure proper operation and resolution of problem.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices to upgrade or modify equipment. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Lubricate and clean parts.
- Operate metal working tools to make and repair parts. Use brake and shear for metal fabrication. Use cutting torches and plasma cutter. Weld parts as required. Fabricate guards and frames for production machines. Prepare and paint equipment and building facilities as required.
- Maintain Waste Systems as required, following established procedures and ensuring all operations comply with current regulations.
- Perform regular inspections of machines, equipment and systems as required. Complete all required paperwork regarding preventative maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. Ensure proper housekeeping of area. Maintain updated training in Lock-out/Tag-out, Welding and Cutting Safety, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
Physical Demands / Work ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk or hear, is occasionally required to sit or crawl and to lift up to 25lbs. Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus is required. Employee will be in a manufacturing environment with a moderate to high noise level, experiencing vibration on a regular basis. Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Must have the ability to lift one box of parts weighing 50 lbs., to reach to use tools and equipment, to manipulate and feel small parts for inspection, to inspect small parts visually and through use of magnifying equipment and to perceive depth to set up equipment.
Job Status: Full Time